Many people have expressed surprise that I am working at a law firm, and, after nearly completing the online application for the position of "Hooters Girl" I'm inclined to agree.
Among my other comical job search efforts:
I applied for a too-good-to-be-true job on Craigslist. $60,000 a year, 4 weeks paid vacation, full medical, and use of a company car just to answer phones and greet clients?!?! How could I go wrong? Well, I learned how about 30 minutes after I sent a lengthy and well thought-out cover letter with my resumé attached. I received a one line reply:
"Would you work topless?"
'Nuff said.
A second demoralizing experience was interviewing for a full-time position making $7-$10/hr as an "Assistant Florist" at Little Chapel of the Flowers and not getting the job. While this stony bitch shot me withering glances, I tried (unsuccessfully) to sell my background in Art History and Visual Art as a helpful aid in creating lovely floral arrangements. As she put it: "When you don't hear from us by Thursday, you'll know to continue your job search." Burn.
No comments:
Post a Comment